Monday, September 1, 2008

I Salute Lee Chong Wei

Despite suffering a heavy defeat in the Beijing Olympic Badminton Men Singles Final to Lin Dan of China, Lee Chong Wei, our local hero deserves my salute.

Yea, on that night itself, and the day after, it appeared that our hero turned to a villain after a shock defeat to Lin Dan in the final. Many people were blaming on how badly he played. Even my friends were saying that he played so badly and he sucks.





But in my opinion, he did his best and he deserves to be honoured and saluted.

I used to train and play badminton too, therefore I understand that it's seriously not easy in this sports. Seriously seriously NOT EASY !

That's why when people and friends criticised how poor he played and how shameful he should be, I just kept quiet.

First of all, NO OFFENCE to ANYONE.
For those who criticised him so badly, I would like to respond like below...

"Please lar, say till so gao, criticised Lee Chong Wei till so chan, u all go play and see lor.
Try go join any single badminton competition, don't havta be 5-star tournament, any domestic tournament such as Penang Junior Open will do, then u all will know the TASTE."

the main reason why I'm backing Lee so strongly is because I play badminton too and I know that badminton is not that simple and easy like what we all witness on eyes and like what people describe with words.

anyways, Congratulation to Lee Chong Wei for winning a medal and ending Malaysia's 12-year-Olympic medal-less drought.
Also the first person to win a Silver medal for Badminton Men Singles for Malaysia.

Recently Astro AEC 301 had an interview session with Lee Chong Wei.

One of the things he mentioned that I remember the most was that,

"其实,我也很想赢得那片金牌,但真的是好不容易. 就连赢个银牌都那么的不简单了.

我背着的压力和期望,有时真的使我喘不过气来."


Great job ler Lee Chong Wei, you made us Proud =) !
All the best in the future ~!! Don't be disheartened ya !




No comments: